The Lip enhancement procedure is a great way to increase the volume of your lips, correct lip thinning concerns, and add desired contour and structure to your lips that complements your facial profile. Lip thinning is a natural aging process that will gradually reduce lip volume and cause a loss of confidence and self-esteem. On the other hand, volume enhancement is required to achieve an aesthetic lip contour and structure and is considered an inevitable part of facial rejuvenation.
What Is Lip Enhancement?
Lip enhancement involves a number of procedures that are used to restore lip volume and smooth out lip lines around the lips and mouth. While many surgical procedures, such as lip implants, can aid in lip augmentation, many board-certified plastic surgeons prefer minimally invasive treatments such as lip enhancement to achieve natural-looking results.
Why Have Lip Enhancement?
If you are unhappy with your facial features and want to improve thin or asymmetrical lips without undergoing plastic surgery, cosmetic treatments such as lip enhancement can help you feel more confident in your appearance.
A skilled cosmetic surgeon can assist in bringing about these changes with a lip enhancement procedure, which can:
- Restore lip volume
- Even out the lip lines
- Improve upper and lower lip symmetry
- Redefine the shape of the lips
Advantages of Lip Enhancement
- Lip fillers provide natural fullness: Juvederm formulas such as Juvederm Volbella XC and Juvederm Ultra XC give a natural-looking result with the desired fullness. The results are immediately visible on the treatment table, and you achieve an aesthetic effect. The filler aids in the definition and width of the lips. Juvederm fillers are made of hyaluronic acid, which causes less bruising. The lips naturally absorb the fillers and require revision sessions every six months to keep the lips plump.
- Lip fillers have little to no side effects: Lip fillers are considered one of the safest and easiest methods of lip enhancement procedure with no side effects or infection. Because hyaluronic acid fillers naturally absorb in the body after six months, allergic reactions or side effects are uncommon. However, to keep the lips plump, a revision session is recommended. As a result, scheduling an initial consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon is inevitable in order to ensure that the surgeon or clinic selects the proper filler.
- Lip implants: Lip implants can be used to achieve semi-permanent lip enhancement. These are more permanent solutions and require minimal maintenance. Lip implants are made of soft and flexible silicone rubber or biodegradable materials and are used to increase lip volume.
- The most important advantage of a lip enhancement is its ability to improve facial appearance. Lip volume enhances your lip and facial appeal, making you look and feel younger. A youthful facial appearance boosts your self-esteem and confidence.
- Lip enhancement is not just about increasing the size of thin lips. It can also improve lip structure and correct imbalances.
- It gives the instant effect of an increased lip volume with any enhancement option.
Lip enhancement is a cosmetic procedure that improves the appearance, shape, and size of a person’s lips. With age, lips that were plump and voluptuous become thinner, causing vertical wrinkles and facial aging. Lip enhancement restores the fullness of the lips. It is also beneficial to consult with a qualified physician who has extensive experience. This will ensure that you get the most natural-looking results possible.
Dr. Syed Azam has practiced medicine for over 20 years and is an expert in medical weight loss, natural hormone therapy, facial aesthetics, holistic and integrative medicine, and anti-aging care. At WildBerryMD, he delivers medical care that focuses on an individualized approach that empowers patients to address the root cause of illness and obesity.