Are you trying to slim your appearance? Working out and eating healthy are fundamental parts of trying to achieve this. While these aspects do play a role in attaining that slim, toned look, there are other ways you can do this, and many of them are completely free. Discover fitness and health tips that’ll help you reach your goal body without interfering with your busy schedule.
1. Implement Cardio Workouts
Obtaining a slimmer appearance will not only make you more confident, but it’ll also help you become a healthier person. Implementing consistent cardio workouts into your weekly routine will give you fast results. Try these simple exercises to make you appear more slim and toned.
- Running: This is one of the most versatile cardio workouts because it can be done with or without gym equipment. Whether you have a gym membership and want to run indoors on the treadmill or want to enjoy the scenery outdoors, jogging or sprinting multiple times throughout the week will provide noticeable results.
- Jumprope: Do you remember jumping rope as a kid? It was one of the least expensive toys, so most kids had a jump rope. Adults can benefit from this toy as well, and it’s a staple workout for many athletes. This exercise works out your entire body and burns calories fast.
- Pilates: Pilates is a low impact yet effective workout that’s perfect for people looking to slim their appearance without the need for a hardcore session. This is a good exercise for targeting certain areas of your body. Check out these moves that you can do from the comfort of your own home.
2. Stay Hydrated
Drinking plenty of water throughout the day can help you achieve the slim look you’re going for, while also providing you with clear, glowing skin. Your body needs at least eight glasses of water each day, and the exact amount depends on your body type.
Staying hydrated will give you more energy throughout the day so that you have more strength do perform workouts, allowing you to stay more active. While it’s not a meal replacement, water will help you feel more full so you can control your snacking and portion sizes.
3. Get Enough Sleep Each Night
Sleep is one of the most vital necessities for your body and mind, and it’s recommended that adults get between seven to nine hours each night. Sleeping provides you with energy so that you can stay focused on reaching your goals and performing activities that benefit your body.
Creating a consistent sleep routine will also make you less hungry late at night, reducing your unhealthy snacking. If you struggle with falling asleep or staying asleep, we suggest getting in touch with a sleep specialist like Dr. John Leitner. He’ll evaluate your sleep and provide you with treatment devices to help you experience a good night’s sleep.
4. Wear Clothes That Flatter Your Body
While being consistent with your healthy lifestyle will eventually help you achieve the slim look you’re striving for, your choice of clothing also plays a major role. Finding clothes that flatter your figure and help you appear slimmer is a great confidence booster and the first step to trimming down your appearance.
Choosing clothes that elongate your body and compliment your curves rather than hide them will be your best option. This includes wearing shoes with a heel, darker colors such as black or navy, and even wearing high waisted jeans.
Be Consistent and Optimistic About Your Progress
Achieving a slim appearance overnight is nearly impossible, but being consistent with your actions will help you reach your goals faster. How fast you progress is based on how much effort you put into yourself, so maintaining an optimistic attitude and envisioning your end result will help you become a happier and healthier person.
Victoria Cortez earned her bachelor’s degree from Northern Arizona University. Shortly after graduating, she moved back to her hometown of San Diego where she currently resides and works as a copywriter. She enjoys spending time at the beach, keeping up to date on fashion trends, and taking her dog on new trails.