J Plasma is a new facial rejuvenation technique introduced as an alternative to the surgical facelift. It is a non-invasive skin tightening procedure that has significantly changed the skin rejuvenation process. Aging skin can develop numerous problems. You may see fine lines, wrinkles, spots, crow’s feet appearing on your face as you age. You can get rid of all these aging signs with J plasma treatment without any surgery.
If you are thinking of getting J plasma treatment, you must know all the essential details about the procedure. Since the procedure is relatively new, people are not aware of its pros and cons, procedure, side-effects, and other features. Therefore, we have decided to share some important facts about J plasma with our readers.
What is J Plasma?
J Plasma is a cosmetic procedure that utilizes helium gas along with radiofrequency energy to remove the signs of aging from the face. It reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and eliminates discoloration. In addition to this, it can also be used to tighten minimally loose skin. You will get fresh and younger-looking skin at the end of the treatment.
How does it work?
J plasma technology is innovative in the sense that it uses electrically conductive, ionized gas. A special device is used during the process that ionizes helium gas with the help of radiofrequency energy. Due to the ionization process, helium gas turns into a cold plasma that erupts from the device in the form of a stream as it is applied to the skin.
As the device is passed over the skin surface, a mask is created which is then wiped away. As a result, new, healthy and younger-looking skin is revealed from underneath. Some practitioners will pass the J plasma device a second time to tighten the skin.
How soon can the results be seen?
The results of J Plasma are instant and can be seen immediately after the treatment. Apart from the face, J plasma can also be used to treat other body areas like the stomach, neck, thighs, arms, and legs. The whole procedure can be performed in a single visit and requires only an hour for completion based on the size of the area being treated.
What are the Pros?
- The biggest advantage of this facial rejuvenation technique is that it is non-surgical. It means you will not experience the pain and complications that are often linked to surgical procedures.
- It leaves no scars if performed over the surface.
- The results are dramatic and immediate.
- The procedure is quick and takes around 45 minutes to one hour.
- Unlike other non-surgical procedures, J plasma requires only one session to achieve the desired results.
What are the Cons?
There are two sides to every coin. In the same way, a treatment that has pros will also have some cons. You need to know about these cons before getting the procedure.
- Although J plasma is a non-surgical treatment, it does not have a short recovery. You will have to go through an extensive recovery phase post-procedure.
- Soon after getting the treatment, you will observe redness at the treatment site. It might resemble a sunburn that fades over time.
- J plasma can tighten the skin but to a certain extent. It has limitations. Therefore, people suffering from significant loose skin should undergo a facelift of laser skin tightening treatment.
We have discussed some essential facts about the J plasma technique in this post. But you should also research the treatment in detail before getting it done. You should know about the advantages and disadvantages of getting this treatment. Consult with an expert dermatologist who can guide you about the treatment.
Hamna is a health Blogger and a medical writer who loves writing about different topics on health. She has been educating her readers about the various cosmetic surgery procedures for quite a long time. Other than that she loves gardening and reading books.