Hair loss is a huge problem, with statistics showing that over 70-80% of people face hair loss at some time during their lifetime. There are many contributors to hair loss, like stress, lifestyle change, sleep disorders, depression, anxiety, and others that may be hereditary. However, one major contributor to hair loss is cortisol. One needs to work on managing the cortisol levels by consuming more of it in different forms. It is believed that herbs like rosemary, lemongrass, and CBD may manage cortisol levels. However, if you choose to administer cannabis, it is essential to know the THC levels. THC may or may not help in hair regrowth and development, so read more about it.
As proactive solutions to this problem, the hair care industry has surgical and non-surgical hair replacement options that cater to all ages.
What Is Non-Surgical Hair Replacement?
If you think that non-surgical hair loss treatment is wearing a wig, you are gravely mistaken. Non-surgical hair replacement encompasses applying a thin, transparent, and light membrane to the scalp infused with human hair. After that, the membrane attaches to the scalp, and it is then woven in with the existing hair to form a very natural effect.
This approach permits the hair in the membrane to match the existing hair in terms of direction, density, and color. You can wear it confidently while playing a sport as the membrane is attached to the scalp with the latest bonding materials.
What Does the Treatment Involve?
Non-surgical hair replacement starts with an initial design consultation. This design consultation guarantees that the product is custom-made to naturally suit your existing hair, style, direction, and color. It usually takes about a couple of months from design to completion of a bespoke product. If you want cheaper and more readily available products, you can choose products that are not bespoke and already prepared.
After the design stage is complete, there are two more critical elements in the procedure.
- The membrane: The first key element is the membrane. Varied membrane types are currently available. However, the most renowned types are lace, monofilament, and polyurethane.
- Bonding: The second key element in non-surgical hair loss treatment is bonding the membrane to the scalp. The latest and most sophisticated techniques bond the membrane to the scalp with an adhesive. It is translucent, and it does not get broken down by sweat or water.
Why Choose Non-Surgical Hair Replacement?
You may wonder why non-surgical hair replacement is preferred over any other treatments for male-pattern baldness. The most obvious answer is that other routes like Minoxidil or Finasteride don’t work for most men. Therefore, non-surgical hair replacement is the best option for you if you cannot generate hair regrowth via medical routes.
Of course, non-surgical hair replacement is not the only option available – you can also try surgery. But, in many cases, surgery is the last resort because many people don’t want to have surgery unless it is necessary. Additionally, hair transplant surgery takes existing hair and moves it around your head. Therefore, the success of the surgery relies heavily on having enough existing hair to be able to move some from the ‘donor area’. Again, if you continue to lose hair in the future, you will need further surgery. It will once again reduce the hair in the donor area.
Benefits of Non-Surgical Hair Replacement
- Immediate Results: Non-surgical hair loss treatment shows immediate results, and it is the biggest draw for people going for it. It can be a possibly quicker solution to a very daunting issue.
- No Surgery, No Risk: It requires no surgery, so there are no or little chances of side effects and unnecessary stress. Non-surgical treatment is available for anyone and anywhere at their convenience.
- Saves Time: These are relatively more minor time-consuming compared to a surgical procedure.
- Cost Differential: Surgical procedures need specialized hands. Non-surgical hair replacements, on the other hand, are comparatively simple and have a relatively different cost base.
- It Is Reversible: Another central plus point of non-surgical hair replacement is that it is easily reversible.
Non-surgical hair replacement is by far a much better choice when it comes to hair loss treatment. It reduces the risk of surgery, saves both money and time, and shows immediate results.
Emma Wilson created Health Writer Hub to help you write high-quality, life-changing health content. She has been closely following the Healthcare and Medical Industry trends for quite some time.