Becoming a mom is one of the most exciting and amazing things a woman can experience. However, pregnancy and breastfeeding can bring changes in the body that make it difficult for many women to get their pre-pregnancy figure back. This is where the mommy makeover comes in.
A mommy makeover is a combination of multiple procedures, such as a tummy tuck and breast augmentation, to help you achieve your desired figure. If you have thought about making changes to your body with a mommy makeover, there are some things to consider and help you prepare for the big day!
Get Your Body Mommy Makeover Ready
While you may be eager to get your pre-pregnancy body back, there are a few things to consider. The idea of the mommy makeover is to restore a pre-pregnancy figure. Ideally, you want to have completed your family, as another pregnancy can undo your mommy makeover results. In addition, you need to be at least 6 months post-pregnancy and breastfeeding. Your body needs time to heal from the pregnancy and your milk supply needs adequate time to completely dry up before any procedures.
While a mommy makeover can trim away some unwanted fat deposits, it is not a weight loss treatment. Ideally, you need to be within 25 pounds of your goal weight before the procedure. Healthy eating and participating in a regular exercise routine can help you shed those pregnancy pounds, maintain a healthy weight and aid in your recovery time after the mommy makeover.
Make Some Changes to Your Daily Routine
While planning for your mommy makeover, there are some things you can do to help reduce scarring and shorten your recovery time.
- Limit alcohol consumption.
- If you are a smoker, stop smoking well before your scheduled procedures.
- Stop taking medications like aspirin, ibuprofen, St. John’s Wort and vitamin E as these act as blood thinners and can cause clotting issues.
- Drink plenty of water. This keeps you hydrated and will help with recovery.
Plan for Your Mommy Makeover Recovery
As a mom, you tend to put everyone else first. As you prepare for a mommy makeover and your recovery, you need to make sure you put your needs first. Making sure things are in place for a relaxing recovery is essential. Here are a few things to consider and make sure you have in place before the big day.
- Talk with your cosmetic surgeon about any prescriptions you may have following the procedure and pick them up prior to surgery. Make sure they will be ready and accessible for you when you get home.
- Arrange for someone to be there to pick you up after the procedure, take you home, and stay with you for the first 24 hours.
- Make sure you have someone to help take care of your children. Your children will want mommy time, but you need to heal. Having a friend or family member that can stay with you and attend to their needs will help make recovery easier.
- Go grocery shopping before the big day and stock up on food and household items. This will ensure you have what you need for your recovery time.
- Get the family together and do a big housecleaning. Make sure all laundry is done, and everything is clean and tidy so you can come home and rest in comfort.
- Gather a collection of books, games, or a list of Netflix shows you want to watch. Small activities for the children to do on their own are good, too. This gives you all something to do while you recover.
These mommy makeover preparations can help you get ready for the big day and make your recovery much easier, leaving you rested and ready to enjoy your new look.
Dr. James Koehler at Eastern Shore Cosmetic Surgery provides today’s most popular cosmetic surgery and nonsurgical options. Choose from breast enhancement procedures such as breast augmentation, body sculpting procedures including liposuction and tummy tucks, and facial procedures such as facelifts, BOTOX® Cosmetic, and much more. We are dedicated to providing outstanding care and results. Come in for a visit and see our difference for yourself!